For the next two weeks, I'm going to be joining a natural parenting blog party, hosted by The Peaceful Housewife! I've never participated in a blog party before, but it sounds like a lot of fun! You can see the button in the margin to the right if you want to join in as well!
We're starting with this list of questions as a "get to know you" kindof thing. And since this is a pretty new blog, I thought it might be helpful for my readers to get to know me a little as well! So here we go.
1. How many children do you have, and how old are they? I have 2 children- a daughter who's almost three, and a son who's 13 months. I'm choosing not to share their names at this point for privacy's sake. Sometime soon I'll come up with some of those cute little nicknames that some bloggers use for their kids.
2. Do you have a partner, or are you a single parent? I'm married! My husband and I will have been married for 6 years this June. We've been through thick and thin together and are happier than ever!
3. What are your "hot button" parenting issues? Hmmm- what exactly does "hot button" mean? The ones I'm most passionate about? The ones that are most controversial to others? The one I'm most passionate about is breastfeeding. Homebirth/natural birth runs a close second.
4. Have you made any parenting choices that you didn't think you would make before you were a parent, i.e. cloth diapering a child when you had previously thought it was disgusting? Yes and no. I always knew I wanted to be a mom, but I never really gave a whole lot of thought to the specifics of my parenting style. But as soon as I got pregnant I started doing tons and tons of research on every topic baby. Because of my research, I've learned and done things I never would have given a second though to in the past. But it hasn't really come as a shocker to me because most of what I've done has been very evidence based. I'm a facts person like that.
5. Is there one book or person in particular that's heavily influenced your parenting choices? Nope. I tend to take information from a wide variety of sources. I take what I can learn from and discard the rest.
6. If you had to describe each of your children using only one word, what would you use? Lets see... for DD- funny. For DS- inquisitive. That sounds a little lame, but amazing adorable charming energetic genius perfection wasn't one word.
7. Is there one parenting decision you regret more than others and wish you could change? I really wish that I had known enough to help DD to nurse longer than she did(15 mo). I would have loved to tandem nurse, and to nurse her longer than I did. I'm sure I'll write about that experience someday.
8. Is there an area of parenting you wish you were better at? Absolutely. I could really use help with the craft/learning play aspect of parenting a preschooler.
9. Now for the fun questions- is there one particular food or type of food that you could eat every day? Chocolate. Hands down. I'm so glad that dark chocolate doesn't have gluten in it!
10. Vanilla ice cream or chocolate? Do we really need to ask that after the last question?
11. What's your guilty pleasure? Uh oh. Do I really want to admit this? Teen Mom. Yes, the MTV reality show. That's my guilty pleasure.
12. If you could be a part of any television show, what would it be? Hmmmm. I dunno... The Biggest Loser? Not because I need to lose 200 lbs, but because it's my favorite show and inspires me. Although the dietary recommendations go against everything I believe about food, so that could be a problem.