Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Segmented Sleep Fail

It's not SS's fault though. This one's all on me. After that lovely update last week about how well segmented sleeping was going, I totally fell off the wagon. Oops.


On Wednesday nights, we have Bible studies at our house, and at my 9PM bedtime I still had a houseful of people. On Thursday, I decided to stay up late because I had been up late the night before, and I knew I would be up late again on Friday. On Friday, my wonderful DH took me out for my birthday! He invited another couple that we're close to and we went downtown to see a Broadway show!!! I had such a blast. I used to dance, years ago, so I very much enjoyed seeing all the dancing. Saturday night I had to stay up late to finish making snacks for children's church the next morning. And last night I was just too lazy to go to bed early. It's been a busy, exhausting week.


Half life, half loss of motivation. All bummer though. I've felt so good on the days that I have stuck with my program that I'm really determined to give it a good shot, I'm just not sure if life will let me! We're driving to our old town tonight for a visitation service, and I'm not sure if we'll be back before 9, and even if we are, there's a good chance that the kids won't transfer seamlessly from the car to their beds and I'll have to stay up late to get one or both of them back to sleep. But if we do get back in time for me to go to bed by 9 or 9:30, and if the kids are also in bed by that time, I'm going to give this another shot tonight, and then hopefully again tomorrow night. I know I'll have to stay up past 9 on Wednesday night, but hopefully I'll be able to go to bed early the rest of the nights this week. I'll keep you posted on how it's going!

No comments:

Post a Comment